Up Next

Exterior views of the tower. The structure to the right of the tower was added later in the 1950's making the West and South dials rather difficult to see from street level. Other, later built buildings further add to the obstruction. Originally this was the Bell & Howell factory (original Seth Thomas work order confirms this). Later it was occupied by the Speed-O-Print mimeograph company. After that a variety of small companies worked out of portions of the building until it was converted into a condominium building in this now gentrified neighborhood. The bottom two shots are from the upper sections of the tower. One can see another old factory clock tower not more than three blocks away (since electrified), with new condominium construction between. Interior views.

ST #7 tower exterior (4).JPG (847557 bytes)  ST #7 tower exterior (14).JPG (890850 bytes)

ST #7 tower exterior (12).JPG (909174 bytes)  ST #7 tower exterior (10).JPG (854465 bytes)

ST #7 tower exterior (34).JPG (824254 bytes)  ST #7 tower interior (16).JPG (812511 bytes)

 

 

Up Next